Monday, November 2, 2015

A Classic Tee

When a PDF designer you like and respect asks you to sew up her latest pattern and get a few pictures by the next day, you do it.  That's what happened last week when Jodi, of Jocole, asked me to try out her Ladies Classic Knit Tee.  She sent me the pattern Monday night, and while the kids were at school on Tuesday, I got to work. 
 
 
From the time I hit print to when I pressed my final seam, it took maybe three hours.  That includes walking the kids to school, stopping to have conversations with my husband, and staring at my stash before I even cut a thing. The hardest part of this tee was choosing my fabric.  In this case, I wanted something with a print that would be visually interesting.  I found this little floral knit from a previous Girl Charlee Knit Fix in my stash.  Though, to be honest, I really do need solid long sleeve tees in my wardrobe.  This tee will be perfect for that!  But solids just aren't as fun to take pictures of. 
 

 
As you can see, this pattern has several options to choose from. 
 
I chose the scoop neckline because it's a flattering cut for me but is still modest.  I also like where the hem of the shirt is.  Even though I'm a tall girl, I have a regular length, borderline short, torso.  Sometimes tee-shirts are really long on me then bunch weirdly.  This one doesn't. Lastly, I chose the longest sleeve option possible.  I really love the way the sleeve bells slightly at the end. It's nice little feminine detail.   
 
 

By noon, I was headed out the door with my camera, remote, and tripod to the Arboretum nearby.  How gorgeous is this foliage?  You'll be seeing a lot of this place, I think. 
 
I'm delighted that I was able to rise to Jodi's challenge of sewing and photographing something in a single day.  I think I nailed it, and I know Jodi did!
 
Thank you for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment